Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (BCBS NJ)
Newark, New Jersey is headquarters for Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, the top non profit health insurance provider in the state with almost 3.6 million policy holders (as of 2009).
Horizon HMO, Horizon PPO, and Horizon Direct Access (Open Access) are their top policies. Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey also provides dental plan, Medicare, behavioral health management, and workers' comp. Their subsidiary, Horizon Healthcare Insurance Agency, offers life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and long-term care. Another subsidiary, Horizon/Mercy, is a participant in New Jersey's Medicaid program.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is known best for managed care and traditional indemnity plans for individuals and employers.
Request more information >>
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Plans Include:
- Horizon Basic Plan A/50: This option gives members the option to choose any doctor or hospital for treatment. This simple solution enables members to choose their own deductible level and keep out-of-pocket expenses low by seeking in-network treatment.
- Horizon Traditional Plan B: This product is a standard fee-for-service coverage option. Plan B members select their deductible, choose any doctor, and pay a 60% coinsurance level. Again, out-of-pocket expenses can be kept low by electing in-network physicians.
- Horizon Traditional Plan C: This fee-for-coverage product is similar to Plan B in terms of freedom of choice and cost structure, but provides a higher percentage of coverage. Under Plan C, you can still choose between deductible tiers, but coinsurance is now 70%.
- Horizon Traditional Plan D: Providing the largest percentage of coverage available from Horizon fee-for-service plans, Plan D offers the same basic functions as Plans B and C, but with a 80% coinsurance and lower deductible tiers. Enjoy the same freedom of provider choice, with a higher level of protection.
- Horizon MSA Companion/High Deductible Plans C&D: Horizon MSA Companion plans combine a high-deductible plan with a Medical Savings Account managed through a selected financial institution. Also known as HSAs, or Health Savings Accounts, MSAs are tax-exempt savings accounts which enable members to create their own medical 'nestegg', and maintain optimum control over their healthcare expenses.
- Horizon HMO: This Managed Care solution is an affordable, predictable HMO solution. Out-of-pockets cost are kept low, coverage is extensive, and paperwork is minimal. All medical care is managed through an in-network PCP, or Primary Care Physician, whom you choose from a network of more than 10,000 providers.
- Horizon Basic and Essential EPO and EPO Plus: This product suite refers to Horizon's Exclusive Provider Organization plans. Members who elect this plan must use in-network treatment from physicians in the Horizon Managed Care network. No PCP assignment is necessary, and no referrals are required to see specialists.
Request more information on health insurance >>