Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Group Health is a nonprofit organization that offers both health coverage and health care. Almost 550,000 residents in Washington state and North Idaho are covered by policies offered by Group Health Cooperative or its subsidiary, Group Health Options, Inc. Over 70% of their members receive care at medical facilities owned by Group Health Cooperative.
The Group Health Cooperative family of organizations includes the following:
- Group Health Cooperative (1947)
- Group Health Center for Health Studies (1983)
- Group Health Options, Inc. (1990)
- Group Health Permanente medical group (1997)
- Group Health Community Foundation (1983)
Group Health Cooperative covers all or some of 20 counties in Washington state and 2 counties in North Idaho. They boast 816 physicians, 45 specialists, 25 primary care medical centers, 6 specialty care units, 9 behavioral health clinics, and 2 hospitals in their network of providers as well as 16 vision centers, 5 hearing centers, 6 speech and learning services, and 4 Take Care stores.
Request more information about health insurance >>
Group Health Cooperative Medical Plans:
Group Health Cooperative offers a number of products designed to serve small groups, families and individuals. For more specific details tailored to your needs, please request a rate quote and learn more about GHC in your area:
- Group Health: GHC's most popular plan offers complete Group Health care. Designed for both small (2-50) and large (51+) groups.
- Options: Enjoy the freedom to see any in-network or out-of-network doctor worldwide. Built for both small (2-50) and large (51+) groups.
- Options Select: Complete Group Health care, offered in conjunction with an Options or Alliant product. Available for large (51+) groups.
- Options PPO: Enjoy access to a nationwide network of preferred providers, including featured Group Health physicians. Offered to large (51+) groups.
- Alliant Select: Large (51+) group members which elect this product have the freedom to choose providers from Group Health, Virginia Mason or The Everett Clinic.
- Ailliant Plus: Available to small (2-50) or large (51+) groups, this option provides the same features as the Ailliant Select plan, plus the expanded freedom to select any physician worldwide.
- Individual and Family: GHC offers a number of deductible tiers to give members the highest level of choice and control. Enjoy the freedom of choice, increasing savings and ensuring your coverage is the perfect plan for you and your family.
Standard & Poor's: A-
Get more information on health insurance >>