Health Insurance Carriers in Florida (FL)
Every state has a department of insurance that regulates health insurance in the state. Florida’s carriers must abide by the regulations set by the state. We have provided for you below a list of recommended health insurance carriers. Check out the links for more information about each one. Below the list is more detail for your information about Florida health insurance.
Get more information about health insurance >>
Featured Florida Health Insurance Carriers:
Assurant Health (Formerly Fortis)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Vista Healthplan of South Florida
Individual Health Insurance in Florida
- Insurance providers may deny applications for individual health insurance based on medical problems.
- Eligibility for a conversion policy occurs after holding an insurance policy for at least three months before being dropped.
- If HIPAA eligible but not eligible for a conversion policy, an individual policy from a private insurer is guaranteed.
- An exclusion period of up to two years may be applicable in the case of a pre-existing condition. The provider may also write a special rider to exclude the condition completely.
- There are no limitations on premium prices for an individual health policy.
- Insurance cannot be cancelled in the case of sickness.
Group Health Insurance in Florida
- Group health insurance cannot be denied due to health problems when the applicant is eligible.
- When beginning new employment, there may be a waiting period before health coverage begins.
- HMOs may demand a waiting period called an ‘affiliation period’.
- An insurance company may only review the six months immediately preceding consideration for pre-existing conditions.
- A pre-existing condition may cause coverage exclusion for up to 12 months.
- Continuous coverage credit may apply if prior group coverage was continuously maintained with no breaks longer than 63 days.
Small Business Health Insurance in Florida
- Small businesses with 50 or fewer employees are guaranteed group health insurance.
- At the time of renewal, the premium price can rise due to the illness of an employee in the health insurance group.
Get a quote for Florida small business health insurance >>
Self-Employed Health Insurance in Florida
- The self-employed may purchase group health insurance as a group of one if the sole worker can prove that his or her business utilizes the proper tax forms.
- Double check associations which allow members to buy group health insurance with the Florida Department of Insurance.
Florida Department of Insurance
200 East Gaines Street, Suite 531
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Request information from health insurance carriers in Florida >>